TRAFFIC ENGINEERING SKILLS THAT CAN BENEFIT TRANSIT SYSTEMS SESSION 17
Transit systems can benefit from increased traffic engineering skills--both among the ranks of professionals working with transit systems and among those who work with transit-related issues in other capacities. A better understanding of traffic engineering principles on the part of transit professionals could potentially improve both transit operations and planning. Similarly, transit systems could benefit from an increased sensitivity on the part of traffic engineers to transit consideration of "people" flow and acknowledgement of transit marketing issues.
- Compendium of Technical Papers, ITE 54th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, September 23-27, 1984.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Ott, M T
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: p. 17-14
- TRT Terms: Bus stops; Marketing; Operations; Planning; Public transit; Routing; Traffic engineering; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00390628
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM