PROBLEMS WITH THE EVALUATION OF A SIGNAL SYSTEM ON A CONGESTED NETWORK. SESSION 11
This paper describes the steps involved in the evaluation of the traffic signal system recently implemented in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the Semaforos Controlados por Computador (SEMCO). First, all the methodological and operational problems related to physical, social and economic aspects are described. Then, the methologies used in the study (before and after study, medium term studies, alternation of signals plans, and the use of detectors) are described, along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- This paper was presented during the Institute of Transportation Engineers 54th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, September 23-27, 1984.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Szasz, P A
- De VASCONCELOS, E A
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 6-9
- TRT Terms: Area traffic signal control; Before and after studies; Evaluation; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic signal control systems; Vehicle detectors
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00390605
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM