OCEANOGRAPHIC INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEMS FOR OFFSHORE OPERATIONS
Reviews systems for the measurement of winds, waves, tides, currents, barge motions, platform dynamics, and production operations. The results of field measurements of environmental parameters made during the conduct of pipe laying operations and for platform motions are included. The expected trends in oceanographic instrumentation development as applied to the offshore oil industry are outlined, and specific instrumentation systems being designed for remote installations are presented.
- ASME Paper presented at meeting, September 15-18, 1974.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Blumberg, R
- Taher, S A
- Shah, B C
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Motion; Offshore platforms; Pipe laying; Wave measurement
- Candidate Terms: Pipe laying ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge motions; Wind forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N74-Pet-42
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM