THE CHOICE OF A LIGHT TRANSIT SYSTEM FOR LONDON'S DOCKLAND
With construction scheduled to start soon, London Transport will be spending L77 million on a line which will be a radical departure from its conventional "underground" railway and is London's first venture into Light Rail Transit. The Docklands area of the city's east end is a special target of urban renewal for an abandoned commercial area. Government funding has been provided for the LRT option which was selected on the basis of studies. Configuration of the planned systems, its interchanges, traction system, energy supply and signaling are described.
- This paper was presented at the "Electrifying Urban Public Transport" conference held in Blackpool.
- Clarke, W R
- COTTON, A R
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: p. 20-21
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE DEVELOPMENTS
- Issue Number: 18
- TRT Terms: Finance; Financing; Light rail transit; Transportation planning; Urban renewal; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: London Transport
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00389878
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM