OBSERVATION OF KNOCK USING A HIGH SPEED SHUTTER TV CAMERA SYSTEM
An ultra-high speed shutter TV camera including an image intensifier which has a light magnification of 20,000, and an image analysis system have been developed and applied to knock research with a transparent piston engine. Irregularity in the flame configuration was observed just when the pressure vibration began. The causes of cycle to cycle variation of knock intensity were examined through the simultaneous recording of the pressure vibration and the image of the flame.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Fuels and Lubricants Meeting, San Francisco, California, October 31-November 3, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Iwashita, Y
- SAITO, A
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Engine knock; High speed ground transportation; High speed vehicles; Research; Speed; Television cameras
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00389458
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831696, HS-036 813
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM