SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT DISTRICT DEMONSTRATION PROJECT, SUMMARY
The San Francisco Bay area rapid transit district demonstration project was conducted on a four and one-half mile test track. The purpose of the demonstration project was to test and evaluate new technical concepts in the field of rapid transit. These concepts included a variety of advanced hardware as well as completely automatic train control and automatic fare collection systems.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Parsons, Brinckerhoff-Tudor-Bechtel814 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94103
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic fare collection; Automatic train control; Rapid transit; Test tracks
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072845
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM