EVALUATION OF TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY FOR USE IN THE BALTIMORE REGION RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
The report reviews current and anticipated development in transit system operations equipments as they may particularly apply to the proposed rapid transit system for the Baltimore Region. The primary objective of this evaluation was to provide a realistic set of alternatives upon which to base decisions as to the inclusion of advanced techniques and equipment in the preliminary engineering of the transit system. New concepts and improvement of well-established techniques are examined. Recommendations are included for various system components and subsystems.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall,
- Publication Date: 1968-6
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Needs assessment; Network analysis (Planning); Public transit; Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Baltimore (Maryland)
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit system components
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072839
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1975 12:00AM