NEW CONCEPTS FOR COATING PROTECTION OF STEEL STRUCTURES
The paper presented at this ASTM symposium are grouped under two broad categories: (1) Surface Technology Concepts and (2) Applied Coating Systems and Safety Practices. The first group consists of the following papers: Quantitative Evaluation of Blistering and Corrosion in Organic Costing Systems, M. E. McKnight and J. W. Martin; Blast Cleanings with Zinc-Coated Abrasives, K. W. Lowrey; Detrimental Materials at the Steel/Paint Interface, W. C. Johnson; and Effects of Rotary Peening Surface-Conditioning Products on Structural Steel, J. J. Claus. The papers which comprise the second group are: Zinc-Plus-Paint System for Corrosion Protection of a Steel Bridge, M. M. Lwin; Spray-Applied Fluorelastomers for Protection of Carbon Steel Structures in Flue Gas Desulfurization Service, C. A. McClain and T. Dolan; Perspectives on 100% Solid Spray-Applied Polyurethane Elastomers, S.J. Oechsle, III; Precision Reactivation of Antifouling Paints, I. Poretz; Minimum Film Thickness for Protection of Hot-Rolled Steel: Results after 23 Years at Exposure at Kure Beach, North Carolina, M. Morcillo; Paint Research Institute Paint Corrosion Inhibitor Research, C. M. Hendry; and ASTM Safety Alert System, S. John Oechsle.
- The proceedings of a symposium sponsored by ASTM Committee D-1 on Paint and Related Coatings and Materials and Steel Structures Painting Coucil, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 26 January, 1983.
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)100 Barr Harbor Drive, P.O. Box C700
West Conshohocken, PA United States 19428-2957
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 135 p.
- ASTM Special Technical Publications
- Issue Number: 841
- Publisher: American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Corrosion protection; Development; Metal bridges; Protective coatings; Research; State of the art studies; Steel bridges; Steel structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00389124
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM