AMC (AMERICAN MOTORS CORPORATION) FOUR WHEEL DRIVE EAGLE, A NEW DIMENSION IN TRANSPORTATION
Development and testing of American Motors Corporation (AMC) four-wheel drive (4WD) Eagle are described, after a brief historical review of 4WD development. The Eagle, first prototyped in 1972, is the result of combining Jeep vehicle 4WD and AMC passenger car technologies. System modifications are described and illustrated, including those to the powertrain, transfer case, front driveshaft and axle, half shafts, front hub, yoke, brakes, wheels, front suspension and steering, rear drive and rear suspension, and body systems and structure.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980. See also HS-029 570.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Lunn, R C
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Four wheel drive; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: American Motors Corporation
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00389101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800003, HS-029 587
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1984 12:00AM