HIGH SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION ACT OF 1965
Coupled with the Northeast Corridor Transportation Project, the high speed program was sought to: determine transportation demand in a most heavily populated and industrialized intercity corridor region; analyze engineering systems alternatives for meeting that demand; demonstrate traveller response to selected transportation improvements; and undertake research and development in fields of entirely new systems as well as stimulating that in existing systems.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: High speed ground transportation act of 1965
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072806
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: #4
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1975 12:00AM