FUTURE DIRECTIONS OF URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
This Transportation Research Special Report contains a summary of the conference; Part 1: Conference Purpose (Introduction to the Conference, H.C. Neil Peterson III, Opening Remarks, Carole A. Foryst); Part 2: why is Transit in Trouble?; Part 3: Conference Consensus Statement; Part 4: Overview papers: Effects of Energy Supply and Telecommunications on Urban Mass Transit's Future, S.J. LaBelle and M.J. Bernard III; Land Use Trends and Transit Operations, D.E. Priest and J.L. Walsh-Russo; Changes in the Economic Base of Urban Areas: Implications for Urban Public Transportation, R.V. Knight; Financing Public Transportation, R.F. Kirby; Does This Bus Go to the Future? Some Thoughts on the Future of Urban Public Transit, J.L. Schofer; and Part 5: Issues papers: Future Directions of Urban Public Transportation: Why Transit is in Trouble, H.C. Neil Peterson III; Transportation in Transition, M. Pikarsky and C. Johnson; Changing Concepts of Urban Public Transportation, C.K. Orski; Financing Government Enterprises, F.D. Raines; and How Do We Position Ourselves for the Future?, R.S. Page.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0360859X
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved. Transportation Research Board Special Report No. 199, Future Directions of Urban Public Transportation. Papers presented at a Conference on the Future Directions of Urban Public Transportation, September 26-29, Woods Hole, Massachusetts. For abstracts of individual papers see TRIS 387950 through TRIS 387962.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1983
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- Transportation Research Board Special Report
- Issue Number: 199
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0360-859X
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Economics; Energy; Financing; Forecasting; Land use; Public transit; Telecommunications; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00387949
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 28 1984 12:00AM