ESTIMATION OF WIND SPEED AND AIR TEMPERATURE FOR THE DESIGN OF BRIDGES
The specification and measurement of wind are described and a number of wind-loading topics are discussed. These include the estimation of the maximum wind speed expected at any location in a given number of years, the variation of wind speed with height and the size of gusts. The estimation of expected maximum and minimum air temperature and the co-existence of strong winds and extreme temperatures are also considered.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- Hay, J S
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Design; Low temperature; Stresses; Structural design; Wind
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072790
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: LR 599
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM