PROCEEDINGS FROM CONFERENCE ON CRUSHED STONE FOR ROAD AND STREET CONSTRUCTION AND RECONSTRUCTION, JUNE 14 & 15, 1984, ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA
This conference, the first major one of its type sponsored by the National Crushed Stone Association in ten years, has been in the planning stage for some two years or more. It was organized with the full cooperation of The Federal Administration, The Transportation Research Board, The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, and The American Society of Civil Engineers. The stated objectives of the conference were: 1) To provide public agency and private firm designers, spepcifiers, and users, with accurate and useful information on the most efficient and appropriate ways to utilize a basic resource, "crushed stone." 2) To provide crushed stone industry representatives with up-to-date information on technical trends likely to influence their markets in the future and on ways to enhance the value of their produce, "crushed stone." The conference format consisted of an introductory opening session and three general sessions covering crushed stone as an important element in flexible pavements, in portland cement concrete, and in rehabilitation and pavement management. These Proceedings include the written versions of all 14 formal presentations plus appropriate introductory remarks and transcriptions of informal questions and discussions from the floor. Complete copies are being furnished to all who registered for and participated in the conference. Additional copies are available from NCSA's office in Washington at a nominal cost to cover reproduction and mailing. (Author)
- Conference held at the Hyatt Regnecy Crystal City, in cooperation with: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, American Society of Civil Engineers-Highway Division, Federal Highway Administration and Transportation Research Board.
National Crushed Stone Association1415 Elliot Place, NW
Washington, DC United States 20007
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Crushed rock; Information dissemination; Reconstruction; Road construction
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 00391668
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM