DESIGN AND APPLICATION OF TRACTION MOTORS FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES
The design of electric traction motors for electric vehicle applications requires intimate knowledge of the vehicle mission and performance requirements and a systems approach involving integration of the motor into the entire electrical power system. Motor characteristics are reviewed, speed control possiblities are discussed, and factors to be considered in the application and selection of traction motors are explained in detail.
- Presented at the SAE Meeting on Sept. 9-12, 1974.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Lindhorst, P K
- Andreas, J C
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Electric power; Electric vehicles; Energy; Motor vehicles; Motors; Performance; Speed; Traction; Traction drives; Traffic speed; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072782
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740729 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM