COMPUTER ACCIDENT TYPING FOR PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS. TRAINING MANUAL
The objective of this manual is to train you to accurately classify or "type" pedestrian/motor vehicle accidents. That is, each accident involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle can be classified into one of 37 accident types. You will learn the procedure for assigning a numeric code to an accident, given the information contained in the police accident report. Given this code, a computer can determine the correct accident type. This manual is designed to let you read the material and work practice exercises by yourself at your own pace. However, your supervisor (i.e., the person responsible for overseeing the coding of the accident reports) will work with you.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1983-1
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Coding systems; Crash reports; Crash types; Information processing; Manuals; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Training; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Computer accident typing
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00390441
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 351
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM