HIGHWAY PERFORMANCE MONITORING SYSTEM. FIELD MANUAL FOR THE CONTINUING ANALYTICAL AND STATISTICAL DATA BASE
This Manual provides guidelines for reporting Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS) data and establishes update procedures for the annual submission. The Manual outlines procedures for reporting three major types of data--universe mileage data, sample data, and areawide data. Also outlined are the procedures for the preparation of the various types of data, including forms, and instructions for building and editing the data set. A timetable is included for coordinating various aspects of the HPMS. The HPMS organization, guidance, and analyses are the responsibility of the Federal Highway Administration. Data reporting for the HPMS is accomplished by the State highway agencies in cooperation with local government units, metropolitan planning organizations and other organizations.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1984-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Guidelines; Local government; Manuals; Metropolitan planning organizations; State departments of transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway performance monitoring system
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00390435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-036 948
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM