TRANSPORTATION AND THE PROSPECTS FOR IMPROVED EFFICIENCY
This publication contains a collection of papers from an NAE Symposium. Several of the papers are related to rail rapid transit systems and to commuter railroad operations. Specific papers deal with planning for transportation in Dallas, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- A Symposium sponsored by the National Science Foundation, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of Transportation and the National Academy of Engineering at its Eighth Autumn Meeting October 12 and 13, 1972.
National Academy of EngineeringCommittee on Transportation
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 270 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Network analysis (Planning); Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Chicago (Illinois); Dallas (Texas); San Francisco (California)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072759
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1981 12:00AM