H-BAHN-DEMONSTRATION PLANT DORTMUND--STATE OF THE PROJECT
Since no other comparable projects are being realized, the Dortmund installation with the first automatic rapid transit system in West Germany assumes the role of a pilot function with regard to operating approval and system acceptance by the public, organizations and authorities. Applications for planning and building permission and approval of the alignment were prepared while planning was going on. Following the granting of planning permission on August 10, 1981, work started in Dortmund in September and all the foundation work had been completed by the end of that year. Construction of the guideway and service buildings began early in 1982. In the meantime, the plant is now 75% ready. The necessary documents and results of tests by neutral experts are to be submitted to the appropriate authorities for operating approval. Work on this has begun and it is hoped that approval will be obtained by the end of 1982.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Gemany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 146-154
- TRT Terms: Development; Monorail transportation; Rail transit; Rapid transit; Research; Technology; Test tracks; Universities and colleges
- Uncontrolled Terms: H-Bahn (Hangebahn monorail); Research and development
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00391904
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM