RESULTS OF THE LONG-TERM TECHNICAL TESTING OF THE M-BAHN SYSTEM AND STATE OF PERFORMANCE FOR OPERATION IN PUBLIC TRANSIT SERVICE
The continuation of the long-term technical testing and the endurance tests of the M-Bahn system on the test site at Braunschweig, and the development efforts concentrating on the operations control and safety systems have been intensified during the last year. Endurance tests have been performed under conditions closely resembling conditions in mass transit operation. The results have been evaluated and taken into account in the design of a prototype vehicle for operational testing in public transit service. Several improvements have been made regarding safe operation under all operating conditions, ease of maintenance and high quality of service. With the aid of line and operation models details of operation strategies are being investigated.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 190-204
- TRT Terms: Automation; Control systems; Magnetic levitation; Maintainability; Safety; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: M-Bahn (Magnetbahn)
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00391902
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM