INVESTIGATIONS ON THE POSSIBILITIES OF IMPROVEMENT OF THE PUBLIC TRANSIT SERVICE IN BERGISCH GLADBACH UNDER PARTICULAR CONSIDERATION OF AN AGT-SYSTEM
The public transport system in Bergisch-Gladback--as is often the case in communities of this size--needs improving. In order to connect two city-centers an improved bus system and an AGT-system with a shuttle operation are being investigated. Compared with an AGT-system with a double track loop network, this form of single track AGT operation costs approx. 30% less and has fewer negative effects on the townscape. As a result of these advantages future applications of AGT systems are conceivable.
- From 9 status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 227-233
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Bus transit; Costs; Environmental impacts; Feasibility analysis; Small cities
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00391898
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM