DUAL-MODE-BUS ESSEN--STATE OF THE ART
Studies by the Essener Verkehrs-AG began in 1979 with a feasibility study and a basic test of guided buses on a section of a bus line in Fulerumer Strasse. At the moment many components are being integrated into the system of the guided bus. Phase 1 of the project has almost been completed. The sections of the test sites for the next phases of the project were selected in such a way that a continuous demonstration line can be created from segments of existing bus lines.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 395-403
- TRT Terms: Dual mode transportation systems; Guided buses; Technology; Test facilities
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00391891
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM