This paper is concerned with the design of marine propulsion shafting systems. The materials used, the characteristics of the components, and the methods for incorporating them into the design of a system are described. The factors governing the design such as wake related dynamic effects, stress analysis and failure theories, vibrations, and alignment are considered.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Ecker Jr, W E
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 217 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Shaft bearings; Shafts (Machinery); Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Shaft alignment; Shaft stresses; Stern tube bearings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072756
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 140
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM