NEW METHODS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT OF THE OPERATIONAL GUIDANCE OF PUBLIC SERVICE SYSTEMS: RESULTS AND CONTINUOUS WORK
The aim of this project is to provide data for developing an integrated information system for transport companies with a decentralised use of electronic data processing aids. To begin with, a survey of different transport companies was undertaken in order to determine what sort of data the companies need. On the basis of these results a concept for the data requirements and information flow for different sizes and types of company was drawn up. Other general fields were identified where there is an urgent need for new technology. Another main point of this project was the compilation of a catalogue of new technologies which are already being applied in transport companies or which seem to be most suitable.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 499-510
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Information processing; Information systems; Institutional issues; Management; Management information systems; Policy; Public transit; Technological forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00391881
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM