DUAL-MODE BUS IN OPERATION
The definition of a Dual-Mode Bus System as an attractive alternative for short-distance public transport in medium-sized cities was the starting point for developing electronic and mechanical track-guidance systems for buses. In this report we look back at the objectives set at the beginning and compare them with what has been attained today and planned for the future. A large number of the specified development tragets has been achieved and the many applications speak for the success of the project which has been financed by the German Ministry of Research and Technology. M.A.N. will continue working on developing the Dual-Mode Bus System after the government grant has run out.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 363-370
- TRT Terms: Advanced vehicle control systems; Advanced vehicle control systems; Development; Dual mode transportation systems; Guided buses; Research; Technology; Technology assessment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00391872
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM