PLANNING OF THE DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMME "BUS TRANSIT SYSTEM"
In the past SNV has undertaken several studies which have furnished a considerable amount of information on how bus systems could be improved. Taking the results of such studies as a basis, demonstrational projects are now being prepared to test how the whole system works in practice when all these improvements are implemented. Luebeck (a medium sized city with a bus service only) and Munich-Studentenstadt (feeder bus service) have been chosen as demonstration areas. Plans have been drawn up to improve the service, the roads used by the buses, the bus stops, the way the system operates, the passenger service and the vehicles. A cost-benefit estimate of each proposal will be made so that a list of priorities can be drawn up. This project will run until autumn 1982. It is then planned to publish the results in the form of a handbook.
- From 9th status seminar on short distance transportation research; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany, 21 June 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 249-257
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bus stops; Bus transit; Handbooks; Quality of life
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00391869
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 2000 12:00AM