ANALYSIS OF FUEL CELL SYSTEMS FOR TRANSPORTATION
Three fuel cell technologies, phosphoric acid (PA), trifluoromethanesulfonic acid (TFMSA), and solid polymer electrolyte (SPE), were assessed specifically for vehicular power plant applications. These fuel cell systems seized for a small consumer vehicle were fueled by methanol to be processed on board the vehicle. The results of the assessments were used to calculate the perforance of a number of vehicles. Some results for a city bus and a small consumer vehicle are presented here.
- Paper from the Workshop on Renewable Fuels and Advanced Power Sources for Transportation, Denver, Colorado, June 17, 1982.
- Lynn, D K
- Publication Date: 1982-6
- Pagination: p. 167-182
- TRT Terms: Electric automobiles; Electric buses; Electrolytes; Fuel cells; Methanol; Phosphoric acid; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Superacids
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00391676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: SERI/CP-234-1707, CONF-820686
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM