INTERIM REPORT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INTERCITY BUS UE80
The Ministry of Research and Technology made it possible to accelerate the development of the intercity bus Ue80, which ran parallel to the development of the city bus S80, and manufacture 18 prototype vehicles. Messrs. Auwaerter-Neoplan, Daimler-Benz, Kaessbohrer and Magirus-IVECO were involved in the development of this vehicle. Each producer recieved a grant of DM 600,000,-. During the test phase, which will run from 1.6. 1982 and probably end in December 1983, an opinion poll will be carried out and passengers, drivers, operators and those working in the workshops will be asked to complete questionnaires. A "Test UE80 Committee" will be formed and will be made up of representatives from the companies participating in the test and their associations. It was not possible to achieve an identical design for the UE80 and S80. The UE80 is longer and needs a trunk for luggage under the vehicle floor, and on account for the manoeuvrability required in cities, the length of this bus was not considered suitable for the S80.
- Paper from 9 States Seminar on Short Distance Transportation Research, Garmisch-Pastenkirchen, West Germany, June 21, 1982.
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: p. 300-303
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Buses; Data collection; Development; Intercity bus lines; Maneuverability; Performance; Research; Surveys; Vehicle design; Vehicle size
- Uncontrolled Terms: Field performance; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00391447
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-8206261
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM