THE WAVE RESISTANCE OF A SURFACE PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION IN UNSTEADY MOTION
This paper considers the problem of non-steady motion of a surface pressure distribution of arbitrary form over an area. The disturbance potential which is caused by this pressure distribution is defined by the solution of Laplace's Equation. The results of the investigation of the wave resistance for the case of a constant acceleration are presented. It is found that the hump speed for this motion is considerably less than for the case of steady motion.
- Originally published in the Proceedings of the Leningrad Shipbuilding Institute, Vol. 52, Hydromechanics and Theory of Ships, 1966.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Djachenko, V K
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Free surface; Hump yards; Unsteady flow; Wave resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Free surface effects; Hump resistance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00072741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 044
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM