CONTAINERSHIP MONORAIL SYSTEM
The project features a container-ship monorail system consisting of two 98,850 deadweight ton container ships integrated with a shore container handling system. Basically, the system is designed to minimize port and turn-around time. The on-shore support facilities have been designed and their operations have been fully described.
- Presented at the Gulf Section of SNAME, April 18, 1969, New Orleans, La. Sponsored by ARMCO Steel Corporation.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Collision, F M
- Macaulay, J R
- Posner, S I
- Publication Date: 1969-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Turnaround time
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00072740
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM