EXPERIMENTAL DIAMOND VERTICAL PANELS
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the Orange Diamond pattern on white background, vertical panel for barricades for construction zone obstacle marking and traffic channelization. The panels can be used on either side of traffic and do not have a right or left indication as conventional striped panels do. On project ACDP 0088 (15) a total of 65 panels were provided to the contractor for vertical mounting. The panels were used in conjunction with striped panels but were not intermixed. Photographs were taken of the panels in use and a subjective evaluation of the effectiveness of the panel was made from observation and comments of the Project Engineer, Safety Engineer and the study monitor. There was no discernable difference in Motorist reaction/acceptance of the Diamond panels as compared to the Striped panels. In view of the ASTA letter report referred to, the Department has taken no action to implement the Diamond pattern panels as an alternate standard to the striped panels. (Author)
Colorado Department of HighwaysDivision of Transportation Planning, 4201 East Arkansas Ave.
Denver, CO United States 80222
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Smith, C W
- Publication Date: 1984-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Highway delineators; Highway design; Measures of effectiveness; Symbols; Traffic signs; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Effectiveness
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway delineation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00393773
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CDH-DTP-R-84-11 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM