NOISE LEVELS IN RAILROAD OPERATIONS
This paper presents a discussion on the major noise-producing operations both in railroad yards and for on-line operations, and quantifies typical noise outputs from these activities. The variables which influence this noise production are also discussed as well as the formulation of suitable mathematical synthesis models for noise prediction analysis.
- This paper was contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, 17-22 November 1974, New York, New York.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Swing, J W
- Inman, D J
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic emission tests; Locomotives; Mathematical models; Noise; Noise sources; Railroad trains; Retarder control; Sound attenuation; Sound level
- Identifier Terms: Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company; Southern Pacific Railroad; Union Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Retarder noise; Train noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072712
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-WA/RT-8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM