PROSPECTS FOR NOISE REDUCTION OF ROAD VEHICLES FOR 1985 AND 2000, TAKING ACCOUNT OF ITS TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY, ENERGY CONSUMPTION, AND COST. FINAL REPORT
The aim of the study is to assess the technical feasibility of road vehicle noise reduction and the resulting technical and economic consequences. Based on the ISO R 362 procedure, which is being used in European regulations, currently available data are analyzed concerning the total stock of the various vehicle categories and the stock of vehicles fitted with silencers, now being manufactured or for demonstration. The technical solutions for noise reduction, their relation to fuel consumption, reliability, weight and dimensions, driving comfort etc. are examined.
Commission of the European Communities29 rue Aldringen
- FAVRE, B
- Lambert, J
- DELSEY, J
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Costs; Energy consumption; Feasibility analysis; Motor vehicles; Noise control; Reliability; Vehicle size; Vehicle weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00393715
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EUR-8573-EN/FR
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM