GROWTH MANAGEMENT AND TRANSPORTATION. AN URBAN CONSORTIUM INFORMATION BULLETIN
This overview report reviews a number of tools local officials have used to reduce the impacts of new developments on public services and facilities, and the local budgets that finance them. Tools examined include assessments, exactions, impact fees and taxes, growth staging plans, adequate public facilities ordinances, and developer incentives. Site-planning techniques that reduce the costs of public improvements are legal aspects of the techniques, the concern of who should pay for improvements, and the response of the building and development industry. The report includes descriptions of local programs along the lines discussed, and contacts for further information about them. An annotated bibliography concludes the document. Written at an introductory level of detail, the report should be especially useful to the staffs of elected or policy officials.
Public Technology, Incorporated1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20004
- Publication Date: 1982-6
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Budgeting; Costs; Economic development; Impacts; Improvements; Legal factors; Location; Planning by facility or land use; Public service; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Site planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00393706
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-82-28
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 2003 12:00AM