ELECTRIC VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
The report provides reference material on troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electric vehicles (EVs) for use by EV maintenance personnel. Basic principles of operation of the major EV components (batteries, motors, controllers) are included to help the user understand special installation, maintenance or repair needs. Causes of failure of batteries and motors are given. Battery selection, matching, installation and troubleshooting procedures ae covered in detail. Different types of chargers, motors and controllers used on present-day EVs in site operations are covered in separate sections. The final section covers other reported problems with passenger heaters, suspension systems and transmissions.
Aerospace Corporation955 L'Enfant Plaza North, SW, Suite 4040
Washington, DC United States 20024
- Kevala, R J
- Publication Date: 1984-5
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Battery chargers; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Heaters; Motors; Suspensions; Transmissions; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Controllers
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00393666
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATR-84(7066-04)-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM