EFFECT OF DESIGN ON NOISE AND VIBRATION IN VEHICLES, PHASE ONE: TEST AND ANALYSIS PROCEDURES WITH SAMPLE RESULTS
This project seeks to assist motor vehicle design and research and development departments by devising a set of standard and diagnostic road tests supplemented by laboratory measurements and a set of analysis procedures. In the second phase of the project the procedures will be applied to a representative range of UK and competitive vehicles in order to produce a comprehensive library of data on the levels of noise and vibration in vehicles and associated structural dynamic properties. From the analysis of the data it is intended to identify good design practice and illustrate areas where improvement is required and where research efforts should be concentrated. This report describes the test, analysis and calibration procedures that have been developed during the first phase of the project.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- CALLOW, G D
- Daniel, S
- Hedges, R
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Calibration; Noise; Standards; Test procedures; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle tests; Vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00393648
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA-85/08/WTS
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM