PLANPAC/BACKPAC GENERAL INFORMATION MANUAL. COMPUTER PROGRAMS FOR URBAN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING
Background information is given on use of the PLANPAC/BACKPAC battery of urban transportation computer programs available throuhg FHWA. Although developed for urban transportation planning, they are also useful in statewide transportation planning. Although all programs in this manual are part of PLANPAC/BACKPAC, many have been included in a subsequent package called Urban Transportation Planning System (UTPS). UTPS can be used for multimodal transportation planning. PLANPAC is a file of 59 programs normally used for analysis of auto, truck and taxi trips in a metropolitan area. BACKPAC is a backup package of programs dealing with urban planning and also includes programs for capacity analysis, parking studies, spiderweb assignment, data conversion, land use forecasting and special analyses such as poltting census files. This document is intended to meet the needs of those already familiar with urban planning but who require information related to computer applications.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 436 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Computer programs; Forecasting; Land use; Partial differential equations; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00393526
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 29 1985 12:00AM