DESCRIPTIONS OF TRANSIT MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) is primarily a development of minicomputers because they are much more economical than mainframe computers. Brief descriptions and assessments of 10 MMIS software packages are presented. The software programs have different capabilities in supporting a full range of maintenance management functions which can include the following: Cost accounting, work-order processing, status tracking, materials processing, preventive maintenance scheduling, failure monitoring, and maintenance resource planning. Capabilities are summarized from information received from vendors. The report is in three sections: current state of MMIS; Overview of the MMISs Revised; and MMIS Descriptions.
- Record URL:
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Anagnostopoulos, G
- Etschmaier, M
- Publication Date: 1984-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 277 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Computer programs; Cost accounting; Inventory; Maintenance management; Management information systems; Minicomputers; Preventive maintenance; Reliability; Vehicle maintenance
- Identifier Terms: Urban Mass Transportation Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bus maintenance; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Umta section 6
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00393489
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0039-84-2Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: URT-41
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM