THE INTERNATIONAL ROAD FEDERATION AND THE PREVENTION ROUTIERE INTERNATIONALE. WORKING FOR THE SAME GOALS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
The role of the International Road Federation and Prevention Routiere Internationale (associations of national road safety associations) in safe road design and accident prevention is outlined. In planning for the future industrial and social uses of the automobile, a major consideration will be developing good road systems for safe and easy travel by cars, buses, trucks, and two-wheeled vehicles (for urban areas). The International Road Federation and Prevention Routiere enable countries around the world to exchange road safety literature and to cooperate in road safety endeavors. Traffic problems and programs in Nairobi, Kenya, are mentioned.
- Presented at International Road Federation African Highway Conference (4th) Nairobi, Kenya, 20-25 January 1980.
Washington, DC United States 20024
Prevention Routiere Internationale55 rue le Marois
75016 Paris, France
- Gallienne, G
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Associations; Cooperation; Highway design; Highway safety; Information dissemination; International; International compacts; Planning; Prevention; Safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00393480
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-028 985
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM