STRESS DISTRIBUTION IN JOINTS OF BOLTED OR RIVETED CONNECTIONS
Many trials have been carried out recently to determine the stress distribution in bolted and riveted joints, and also the joint stiffness, which is of extreme importance in the design of such joints. The problem could not have been till now satisfactorily treated analytically. That forced many designers to handle it experimentally as the known theories do not confirm with the test results.
- This paper was contributed by the design engineering Division of ASME for publication in the Journal of Engineering for Industry.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Motosh, N
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolts; Design; Joints (Engineering); Rivets; Structural analysis
- Candidate Terms: Bolted joints
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Riveted joints
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-DE-M
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM