PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1973-1974 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1973 to September 1, 1974. Data and photographs for seven new diesel locomotives and two electric locomotives are presented. Electrification plans on a world-wide basis are also discussed.
- This paper was contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, 17-22 November 1974, New York, New York.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel hydraulic locomotives; Electric locomotives; Gas turbines; Locomotives; Mechanical engineering; Railroad electrification; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-WA/RT-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM