STATE AND COMMUNITY PROGRAM AREA REPORT: POLICE TRAFFIC SERVICES 1983-1984
This report summarizes the obligations and activities of the State outlining past accomplishments as well as future plans for FY 1984 to increase the effectiveness of PTS. It addresses legislative action taken by States in relation to the 55 mph speed limit and briefly comments on legislation enacted to aid in the enforcement and prosecution of traffic violations. It includes a selective listing of noteworthy State and local traffic safety programs and provides an overview of FY 1984 PTS funding charts and tables depicting the level of funds allocated to States to support PTS activities.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: 55 mph speed limit; Communities; Laws; Measures of effectiveness; Police; Safety programs; States; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Fund allocations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00393078
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 589
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM