AUTOMATIC PARAMETER IDENTIFICATION APPLIED TO A RAILROAD CAR DYNAMIC DRAFT GEAR MODEL
One of the most important components in simulating track-train dynamics is the mathematical model of the connection between two cars, the draft gear-coupler combination. In this paper an automatic parameter identification technique is presented which can be used to generate a nonlinear functional relationship of dynamic draft gear characteristics using experimental data.
- This paper was contributed by the Automatic Control Division of ASME for presentation at the Annual Winter Meeting, 17-22 November 1974, New York, New York.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Ward, E D
- Leonard, R G
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Dynamic tests; Freight service; Gears; Loss and damage; Mathematical models; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Draft gears; Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading damage; Slack action
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-WA/AUT-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM