IRVINE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION METHOD: AN INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL FOR USE IN CONDUCTING INTERNAL EVALUATIONS OF TRANSIT PERFORMANCE
The purpose of this manual is to provide a diagnostic tool for reviewing the overall performance of fixed-route motor bus operations in both single and multimodal systems. It describes and demonstrates a comprehensive set of steps and suggestions for conducting performance evaluations. A set of seven performance indicators, selected in earlier research, is used to measure key areas while peer groups permit comparative analysis. The manual is a self-contained system for performance evaluation. It presumes transit experience, but no knowledge of data management or statistics. It is both a training and a reference manual.
University of California, IrvineIrvine, CA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Rocha, O de la
- Brenner, M E
- Fielding, G J
- Publication Date: 1984-6
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bus routes; Bus transit; Manuals; Peer groups; Performance; Productivity; Statistical analysis
- Identifier Terms: Urban Mass Transportation Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance indicators
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Bus services; Umta section 11
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00392925
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-CA-11-0027-84-3Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM