APPLYING PRODUCTIVITY RATIOS IN PRACTICE
This paper deals with the problem of measuring productivity in an organization providing a passenger transport service. Some of the lessons learned are specific to the organization alone--and these will not be explored in this paper. Some are applicable to organizations in a similar business. Many are generally applicable, particularly the extension of the set of ratios to measure the performance of a divisionalized and/or functionally organized operation.
Sussex University, EnglandInstitute of Manpower Studies
- Harper, J
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Performance; Productivity; Public transit; Railroads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance indicators
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00392881
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IMS-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM