COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM PLANNING FOR MARISAT
Commercial maritime communications via satellite will be available with the establishment of the MARISAT system in early 1975. This system will use geo-stationary satellites whose capabilities are shared by the U.S. Navy and the commerical sector. This paper describes a possible communications design which meets the performance requirements necessary for providing commercial voice and data services between ships and shore-based subscribers.
- Presented at the IEEE International Conference on Communications, Minneapolis, Minn., June 17-19, 1974.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY USA 10016-5997
- Lipke, D W
- Swearingen, D W
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Volume: 10
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Communications satellites; Position fixing; Satellite communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00072606
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Rec Paper 29B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM