FUNDAMENTALS OF FRACTURE MECHANICS
This text deals mainly with the macromechanics of fracture. However, consideration is given also the microscopic aspects particularly with regard to the use of models that are devised to show why cracks propagate and voids coalesce at particular stresses or strains. Notched bars and crack tip phenomena are discussed in considerable detail, as are fracture toughness testing methods and the cleavage-fibrous transition.
Halsted Press605 Third Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016
- Knott, J F
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 273 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fracture mechanics; Fracture properties; Fracture tests; Materials science
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM