TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FY 1975 TO FY 1979
This document, basically a catalog of capital improvements as proposed by the transit carriers and implementing agencies, provides a basis for developing a fundable program for transit development in the Chicago--Northwest Indiana Region over five years. It is the first time such a document has been available for collective scrutiny by those involved in the decision-making process. While there is no feasible financial plan for funding capital improvements in this document, it does provide a basis for resolving priorities, perhaps the most difficult task remaining to achieve a feasible and fundable Transit Development Program for the Region. Still to be reconciled will be capital needs and available resources. Federal and state financial sources are seen as indispensable in the Program.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Finance; Financing; Government funding; Governments; Planning; Public transit; Regional planning
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Geographic Terms: Chicago (Illinois)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Report/Paper Numbers: CATS 352-02 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM