YOUR DRIVING COSTS
This booklet presents the current national average automotive costs for three different cars as well as the composite national average for all three models. The study used cars with standard accessories, automatic transmission, power steering, power disc brakes, and radios. Gasoline costs were based on a $1.299 per-gallon charge for unleaded fuel; insurance figures were based on those for personal use of vehicle. Car ownership costs fall into categories: variable and fixed. Tables present figures in each of these areas for the Chevrolet Chevette, Chevrolet Celebrity, and the Chevrolet Impala. Guidelines for vacation planning and business travel are also given.
American Automobile Association8111 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA United States 22047
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile insurance; Automobile ownership; Business trips; Costs; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Unleaded gasoline; Vacations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00392259
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-037 363
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1985 12:00AM