INVESTIGATION ON COMPONENTS OF SHIP RESISTANCE
The results of a decade of research on the separate measurements of the various components of resistance are summarized. Theoretical bases and equipment and experimental procedures developed for determining the viscous, wave, and bilge vortex resistance, as well as some preliminary results on 'blockage effect', are mentioned. (Author)
- See also report dated 5 Nov 71, AD-749 414.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityIowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, 300 South Riverside Drive
Iowa City, IA USA 52242-1585
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD USA 20034
- Landweber, L
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Bilges; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Vortices; Wave resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Blockage; Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Bilge vortices
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00072539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IIHR-162 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-68A-0196-0005
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM