BACKGROUND PAPERS FOR A WORKSHOP ON INPUTS, FATES, AND EFFECTS OF PETROLEUM IN THE MARINE ENVIRONMENT. VOLUME I
Contents: The sources of oil entering the sea; Input of petroleum to the marine environment; Petroleum inputs to the marine environment from land sources; European experience in the identification of waterborne oil; Analytical techniques for the determination of petroleum contamination in marine organisms; The quantitative determination of trace concentrations of petroleum-derived pollutants in the ocean; Partitioning of hydrocarbons between the atmosphere and natural waters; Hydrocarbon biodegradation kinetics; Analytical approach in the evaluation of biological damage resulting from spilled oil.
- See also AD-783990/5, Volume 2, PC $9.75; MF $2.25.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA United States 22217
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 391 p.
- TRT Terms: Monitoring; Oil spills; Pollution; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill sources
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00072536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67A-0244-0028
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM